Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Introducing Hemi!

Hello, I am Hemi as some folks call me. I am a geocacher and the most of my posts will be about this and all things related to geocaching. OK maybe some other outdoor stuff too. I am not into hunting as much as a lot of people but I do love the outdoors and I do a bit of hunting and fishing for the joy it gives me with family and friends. Geocaching also gets me out there to just hike through the woods, parks and most often parking lots.LOL

I am always on the hunt for a great looking stick while out in the woods as I also make hiking sticks for sale or for friends. So I may discuss them at times too. I am particularly fascinated with Diamond Willow hiking sticks as they are full of contour and character.

As for me I am married with 3 daughters. That is where my time goes that keeps me from getting into the great outdoors. I guess I gotta work on that. But as conditions are I will not be making any headway. My youngest was diagnosed with a brain tumor's this past summer. The first was removed and it was the size of a key lime. She has made a great recovery from that but there is still another that is not operable as it is on the optic nerve and through the optic pathway. So we are monitoring it with the doctors to ensure she doesn't lose anymore vision. There is a chance that she may have to go through Chemo to get it to stabilize and possibly improve her vision. I do not plan on dumping my personal issues on this but at times I do find that writing is a great form of therapy. So you might see some posts about this as well.

I have never blogged before and until a year ago I didn't even know what it was or why someone would want to do it. But for some reason I am compelled to give it a shot. So as i feel the need I will be posting on some of my (Mis)adventures here.

No comments: